15 Tips To Speed Up Your House Sale

Are you looking for tips to selling your house? Your solicitor should be the first person you contact when you are in the process of selling your house. Even if you have just put your property on the market, you should contact your solicitor. Your solicitor can then start actioning the necessary work to allow the sale to progress in a timely manner.

The following are our 15 tips to selling your house. All documentation should be obtained by you and given to your solicitor:

  1. Location of your title documents. If you have a mortgage then your deeds will be held with your lender and you should provide your solicitor with the name of the bank and your mortgage account number.
  2. Local Property Tax Printout. This can be obtained from revenue.
  3. Receipt or Certificate of Discharge showing that the Household Charge has been discharged via householdcharge. This can also appear on your Local Property Tax Printout.
  4. Certificate of Exemption or Discharge for NPPR (applied from 2009 to 2013) For more details please see nppr.
  5. If you are or ever have been married, a copy of your state marriage or civil partnership certificate. If you were married but are now legally separated or divorced, then you should provide a copy of your separation agreement or divorce order.
  6. Details of your water and drainage supply.
  7. If your property is serviced by a septic tank, you will need to provide evidence of its registration. Please see protectourwater for more information.
  8. BER Certificate showing the energy rating on your home. Your auctioneer should be able to arrange this for you.
  9. Details of any building work you have done to the property with copy planning permissions and architect’s certificates of compliance.
  10. If your property is in a managed development (such as an apartment block) please provide your solicitor with contact details for the management company/managing agents, and receipts for service charges.
  11. If the property is let, then provide a copy letting agreement to your solicitor.
  12. Details of any contents that are included in the sale.
  13. PPS Number(s)- this will be needed for proof of identity and also for the purchaser to allow them to stamp their purchase deed with Revenue.
  14. Photo I.D. such as a passport or driving licence.
  15. Utility bill/bank statement dated within the last 3 months to prove your address.