If you need to authenticate and legalise certain documents, you will require the assistance of an appointed Notary Public to receive an appropriate certificate with an official authenticiation seal. Thomas Carroll offers notary services.
Notary Public Services
Thomas Carroll is an appointed Notary Public by the Chief Justice for the City and County of Waterford, and counties Kilkenny, Wexford, Tipperary and Cork.
A Notary Public is a public officer who serves the public in non-contentious matters usually concerned with foreign or international business and includes authenticating and legalising documents for the public. The Notary Public will do this by providing an appropriate certificate using the official authentication seal.
What Notary Public Services are Available?
The following is a non-exhaustive list of matters you may need a Notary for:
- Administering oaths: Verifying that individuals are signing documents willingly and without duress.
- Attesting signatures: Witnessing the signing of documents and confirming that the signatures are genuine.
- Authenticating documents: Ensuring documents are genuine and affixing a notarial seal and signature.
- Giving notarial acts: Performing a variety of notarial services, such as legalising documents.
- Taking affidavits: Recording sworn statements under oath for use in legal proceedings.
- Taking affirmations and declarations: Recording sworn statements for non-legal purposes.
- Receiving and making protests under Mercantile law: Verifying the non-payment of commercial obligations and issuing notarial certificates accordingly.
- Issuing notarial certificates in respect of documents and persons: Providing official certifications regarding documents or individuals.
- Drawing up Powers of Attorney and other legal documents: Preparing legal documents such as powers of attorney on behalf of their clients.
The acts of Notaries Public have worldwide recognition. Thomas Carroll is commissioned for life as a Notary Public.
How Much Does Notary Public Services Cost?
There is no fixed scale of fees for Notary services. Costs will vary from and will generally depend on the Complexity, Risk, Urgency and nature of the service required. We encourage you enquire below and to book an appointment to discuss this.
How Do I Plan a Visit for Notary Services?
Please do not arrive at the office without having first arranged an appointment as it is very unlikely that your business can be attended to immediately.
You can use the contact details below or fill in the provided form to enquire about arranging an appointment for Notary services.
You will be given an indication of which documents will need to be provided ahead of your agreed appointment.
It may be the document you wish to deal with, or copies of your own ID and AML compliance documentation.
Please ensure that you follow the instructions given to you by the Notary prior to attending – failing to do this may result in additional costs, delays in fulfilling your notary requirements and disappointment.
Alternatively, you can fill out the form below and you will receive a callback or follow-up email to arrange an appointment.